Thursday, May 5, 2011

Phil and Arnie

































May 5, 2011


It was another one of those "not the greatest" days but still a great day. When I left Morgantown at 0800 it was 41 degrees and that's not my best motorcycle riding temp. On top of that, there were real gusty winds blowing down those valleys but we slew those dragons and survived another day.


Stopped in to visit a friend in Latrobe and went out to the country club. Unfortunately, Arnie wasn't there. Then I pressed on to Punxsutawney and stopped at Punxy Phils restaurant. I had been told by the locals that you had to have a beef, ham and cheese with horseradish sauce on a Kaiser roll. It was fantastic. Then I went to Gobblers Knob to see Phil. From there it was a 90 mile trip being blown all over the road but through some beautiful country to Bradford PA. Tomorrow is Niagara Falls. I'm praying for warmth but I'm still smiling.


























No comments:

Post a Comment