Monday, May 23, 2011

Back in the U. S. of A.

22 May, 2011

Hoorah, no rain forcast for today. I'm off to "BAH HABA" Maine. It's cold in St. John New Brunswick with temp of 41 deg and winds of 25 knots gusting to 40. Oh well, it's not like I'm not used to it after seven straight days. Came across the border at Calais ME with no problem. Was asked a few questions and showed my passport and that was it.
I think the good Lord was welcoming me back to the U.S. The sun came out and the temp climbed up to 52 deg. It was a pleasant and picturesque ride down the coast to Bar Harbor. It's a nice little town but glad I'm here before the tourists. The motel folks say it is a zoo in the summer. Had dinner at the Chart Room, not to be confused with the Annapolis Chart House. Had a table right on the water and a fantastic meal of seafood scampi over linguini which feature lobster, shrimp and scallops with onion and red and green pepper. Fantastic!!!!
Early night tonight, long day tomorrow down to Portsmouth NH.

Good night all.

Grand kids, Grand daddy loves and misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment