Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dastardly Weather





























7 May, 2011


First, I must apologize for my failure yesterday to update my blog. I simply forgot. I also forgot to have my afternoon cocktail. I wonder if there is a connection. Friday was cold and damp and windy when I left Bradford Pa. By the time I got to Niagara Falls the sky was blue and it had gotten a little warmer. Luckily I had been told previously the best place to see the falls is on the Canadian side. So I crossed the rainboy bridge into Canada and the Canadian falls were awesome. The american falls are anticlimatic. It is a tourist trap though. Parking was $15 and a hot dog was $6. It started raining in the early evening and apparently rained most of the night. I left about 0730 this morning and had only gotten about 10 miles outside Niagara Falls when it started to rain. After about 30 minutes I decided to stop and put on the rain suit. You guessed it, 5 minutes later it stopped and the remainder of the ride to Fort Drum was pleasant. For the grand kids who are keeping track of my route, today I started in Niagara Falls and traveled all back roads to Rochester, Oswego, Pulaski, Watertown and Fort Drum. It is beautiful country, mostly farming or apple orchards. The folks seem to be very patriotic. There is an American flag on almost every home. I was going through this little village called Morrow and I spotted this giant flag flying and had to stop and take a picture of it. The flag was almost bigger than the town.Today after a little sleep it's motorcycle clean up day and then a trip up and around the Thousand Islands.




































No comments:

Post a Comment