Friday, October 10, 2014

This is OCT. 10 2014 and it's time for a new trip.  It will not be as long or intense as the last 45 day trip but, hopefully it will be fun as well as interesting.  My plan is to spend about two weeks on the road. Prior to departing I will have dinner with my oldest daughter Gina, her husband Tim and two of my five grands, Jack and Selah at Mama's Italian Restaurant.  From Wilson I will head over to Blowing Rock NC on the 13th of Oct.  I checked the Our State Magazine and found a supposedly great BBQ place in Lexington NC  so I will check them out as I pass by.  When I get to Blowing Rock I will have dinner with an old high school buddy, Bobby Eckert who lives part time in Seven Devils NC and part time in Florida.  Then I will ride the Blue Ridge Parkway from Blowing Rock to Asheville and have lunch with my brother in Mills River NC.  From there I want to pass thru Brevard and ride Route Rt 276 as far as I can and end up at my youngest daughters home for the night.  it will be fun spending the night with Sam, her husband Geoff and three grands, Hugh, Blythe and Elle.  The next day I will meander down the back roads of SC and GA and spend the night in Fitzgerald GA.  Then it's on to The Villages in Florida and three days with my old buddy Bill Seibert and his wife Phyllis.  From there it will be back roads back to Wilson but I'm not to sure of the exact route just yet.

As I travel I will continually update this blog with pictures and commentary on my daily activities along with any photo's I might take.

Hope you enjoy, I know I will enjoy the trip.

Toz

No comments:

Post a Comment