Wednesday, May 24, 2017

5-24-17...Today was a better day.  It was overcast but never rained.  Today is a local day in and around Bowie MD where I lived for 20 years while working for Westinghouse Defense.  I started out by dropping over to the Bowie Golf course where I played most every Saturday and Sunday for 17 years with the same foursome.  The greenskeeper and the Pro were really good friends and they were both there so we chatted awhile about what everyone was doing.  from there I rode over to McLean VA to meet a college friend Louis Stroller for lunch at the Wildfire Restaurant in the Galleria at Tysons Corner.  Lou said to say hello to all our college buddies that I will see on this trip. 
 
  After a great lunch we said our goodbye's and I headed over to Falls Church VA to visit my 82 year old brother.  He was a Naval Academy Grad and flew for the Navy for 27 years and now he is in the initial stages of Alzheimers.  We had a nice visit and now I am back at the hotel lamenting the next leg of my trip.  I am off in the morning for Bear Mountain NY and a Friday morning breakfast with George Pagnotta, a college buddy.  The weather guessers say there is a 90% chance of rain all along my route so it looks like another day of rain in the face.  One of these days it will clear up.  So ends the second day of my trip with hopes for better weather.  Driving the beltway and highways around DC, Maryland and Virginia sure make me appreciate the solitude and quiet of the back roads that I normally ride on these trips.  Y'all have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment