Sunday, September 9, 2012

I was unaware they had moved the Washington Monument but as I drove through Hopkinsville KY, there it was.  Had to stop and get a picture. 

 Later in the day I got to Sikeston MO and was told I had to stop at the very famous Lamberts Cafe and catch a roll.  It was a fun experience and I did catch one.  Sat. was a beautiful day.  Started off towards Heber Springs AR with 62 degrees and no humidity,  The hotest it got was 76 which was very pleasant.  The scenery was beautiful especially going through and over the Ozarks. 


 Spent a day and a half with Jake and Linda Jacobsen, old Marine Corps friends.  They have a home right on the shores of the Little Red river and just below a very big hydroelectric dam.  They also have a house on the cliffs overlooking the dam and river so we shuttled back and forth between both places.  We drank beer and manhattans and discussed everyone we knew in the Corps.  I took Jake for a nice easy ride on the motorcycle and he took me for a ride from "HELL" in his Porsche Boxter.  We were out for at least thirty minutes (it felt like the 24 hours of Lemans).  For at least 25 of those minutes there was never a time that all four wheels were on the ground at the same time.  It was a great visit but all too short.  Tomorrow Jake and I will have breakfast together and then I'm heading for Davenport IA with an overnight in Jefferson City MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment