Monday, September 10, 2012

10 Sept 2012  Heber Springs Arkansas to Jefferson City Missouri

This was a long trip for me but at the same time one of the best riding days I have had.  The entire trip was 300 miles.  Jake and I had breakfast at a little shop in Heber Springs and by 8 AM I was on the road heading north up through the Ozarks.  The temp. started out at 62 degrees and by the time I reached Jefferson City it was 81.  Again, beautiful countryside and a bunch of small interesting towns along the way.  My one brother went to the Missouri School of Mines and Engineering in Rolla MO so I made it a point to go through there.  As it turned out, it was lunch time and I had lunch at Coultons Steak House and the meal was fantastic.  I have to apologize because I don't do a very good job of explaining the beauty I find every day in my travels.  If I was to take pictures I would have to take one every mile to show you just how beautiful our country really is.  Suffice it to say, you have to see it for yourself.
If anybody reading this has trouble believing there is a God please hop on the back of my bike and I'll take you for a ride and show you God's presence is everywhere you look.

I've got another long trip tomorrow so I had better hit the rack and catch up on my sleep.  So far, it' been a rain free trip and I hope it remains that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment