Thursday, September 13, 2012

9 Sept. 2012

I'm backtracking a little because I downloaded some pictures to add to the blog.  I was totally unaware that the Washington monument had been moved but voila, as I approched Hopkinsville KY there she stood.
This is Lamberts Cafe in Sikeston MO., where they ask you if you want a hot roll and if you raise your hand the server tosses you one, sometimes from 20 feet or more.


Jake and Linda Jacobsen........Old friends from Marine Corps days.  Jake and Linda live in Heber Springs Ar.  They have a home right on the Little Red River just below a huge dam.  I came over the Ozark mountains from Poplar Bluffs MO to get there and it was a beautiful ride.  The scenery was fantastic and the weather was great.  Started out at 62 degrees with no humidity and the highest it got was 76 under clear blue skies, a perfect day for a ride.  They also have a second home up on the cliffs overlooking the dam and the river.  We shuttled back and forth between both houses.  We spent the next day and a half reliving our Marine Corps days and catching up on everyone we knew during those great days.  We had a great time but the visit was much too short.  I will meet Jake at 0730 for breakfast and then I am heading out for Davenport IA with a stopover in Jefferson City MO.  It's been a great trip so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment