Tuesday, June 6, 2017

6-6-17...Had a great time visiting Bill and Nan Stanek.  The forecast for todays ride is supposed to be 85% chance of rain and a high of 48 degrees.  We took some pictures and then it was time to go.
The ride started off cold but no rain.  As I got close to the interstate to head south it started raining.  I got about 10 miles down the interstate when there was a great racket from under the center of the bike.  I stopped but was unable to determine what was causing the noise.  Called AAA and they sent a wrecker and took the bike back to augusta and Northern Country Motorcycles.  They found that of of the four bolts holding the driveshaft in place, two had broken and one was loose causing the drive shaft to make a great racket.   Three hours later I was back on the road in a downpour that lasted the entire 100 miles I had left to go.  I arrived safely and the cocktail was extra good tonight.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a better day.
Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment