Friday, October 5, 2012

5 October 2012.........Barksdale AFB, Shreveport LA to Natchez MS.


Air museum at Barksdale AFB LA

WWII C-117 some of us have a few hours in this bird




P-51 Mustang  AF top fighter in WWII

The Blackbird

It was a really nice ride today through the countryside of Louisiana with rolling hills, horse and cattle farms, lots of trees and green fields which is unusual with the drought this year.  But, I get ahead of myself.  Barksdale AFB was a very nice stay.  I stayed at the visiting officer's quarters and they were really nice with living room, kitchenette, queen sized bed and bath.  I was located about 200 feet from the entrance to the Officer's club.  Unfortunately, they didn't serve dinner on Thursdays.  Friday morning as I was leaving I spent a few minutes at their base air museum and took a few pictures for my grandson Jack who loves airplanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment